New release: Voidspire Tactics
First up, Sean Hayden writes in to announce that Voidspire Tactics (previously covered here) has now been released. Created by one-man army Rad Codex, Voidspire Tactics is an indie tactics RPG with a focus on exploration, party creation and character development.
Just after stepping off the boat from a long voyage, the player is mistakenly abducted – along with the entire dock of Solport – into the Spire, a towering fortress comprised of chunks from other realms. Now they must fight to survive and discover the secret of the Spire.
Here’s the release trailer:
The feature list remains as it was when we last looked at this:
- Open-ended exploration – traverse a nonlinear world full of secrets
- Refined tactical combat fit for beginners and veterans alike – easy to learn, hard to master
- Destructible terrain and elemental interactions – flood the battlefield, then shock everyone with lightning!
- Abilities are good for more than just combat – freeze a river to cross it, or grow seeds into vines to scale mountains!
- Choose from 4 playable races, unlock up to 17 classes, learn & upgrade 100+ abilities, and equip your choice of 50+ passive abilities
- Atypical fantasy setting – not one elf, orc or goblin in sight!
Rich turn-based combat melded with exploration and an unusual setting sounds very much like my cup of tea, so I imagine I’ll be checking this one out soon.