New release: Crashlands
Word reaches me that the action RPG Crashlands (previously covered here) has now been released! Developed by Butterscotch Shenanigans (creators of Quadropus Rampage), Crashlands is an aRPG with crafting, base-building, creature-taming, and big procedurally generated biomes to explore.
Play as Flux Dabes, a galactic delivery truck driver whose latest shipment gets interrupted by a megalomaniacal alien named “Hewgodooko” who tears her ship to pieces looking for useful tech. Crashlanded on Woanope, you must fight, tame, craft, quest, bossfight, and adventure your way to domination of all the things so that you and JuiceBox, your trusty sidekick/supervisor/robotic cargo palette, can send a message to the Bureau of Shipping and get those packages delivered!
Here’s the launch trailer:
The game’s features include:
- Crafting. Make tools and stations to break down the resources of the planet, discover new recipes in the process, and then BUILD ALL THE THINGS as you explore the world. Craftables get ever more elaborate and ridiculous, and include HARVEST BOMBS and LASER LEASHES!
- Taming. Not only can you harvest crafting components from creatures, you can also find creature eggs. Take that egg back to your base, give it some time to incubate, and hatch your very own baby death machine.
- Exploration. Crashlands consists of three infinitely(ish)-large, procedurally-generated biomes: the Savannah, Bawg, and Tundra. Each has its own cast of creatures, resources, and sentient beings for you to dominate.
- Base building. Base-building in Crashlands doesn’t suck. It’s more like finger painting. Just pop open Build Mode, enjoy the soothing muzak, and INSTANTLY build your living quarters!
- Mod support. We’re building a BscotchID-powered modding tool that lets you create your own stories, use mutators to change the core mechanics of the game, and generally take what we’ve made and do horrible, wonderful things to it.