New release: Zombasite
Earlier this week, Soldak Entertainment announced that fantasy zombie-apocalypse action RPG Zombasite has finally been released. Think “Diablo” with a dynamic, changing fantasy world set during a zombie apocalypse scenario.
The narrative premise is rather wordy, so here is my edited-down version:
The dark elves have always played god by creating and enhancing underworld slave creatures. As they watched a horde of zombies destroy the huge demon city Kraval, the dark elves were tantalized by the devastating power of uncontrolled zombies, and desired to control and increase it. When they wove their dominating magic into a few captive zombies something went horribly wrong!
Zombasite is a nasty, voracious, all-consuming Zombie Parasite. It doesn’t just reanimate the dead into mindless zombies. It is intelligent, insatiable, and unstoppable—infecting and killing the living, spreading faster and in more ways, helping the dead utilize many of their original skills, and mutating the dead with new powers. Dark elf zombies are terrifying!
So what does this have to do with you? You are the leader of a clan trying to survive the apocalypse.
As is Soldak’s wont, Zombasite is set in a constantly evolving world with different factions and events driven largely by their interactions with one another.
Steven Peeler writes that food is rare in this game, as are vendors and supplies, and you’ll have to compete with rival clans for the few resources that remain. What’s more, the stresses of survival can affect your own clan members, and any that die can’t be brought back.
Here is the official list of features:
- Survive the zombie apocalypse in a fantasy world
- Experience uniquely created worlds for every game, with different areas, monsters, items, and quests
- Explore a dynamic, evolving, living world
- Lead a clan of followers who have their own personalities and skills
- Navigate relationships with rival clans using diplomacy, trade, war, and raids
- Many hybrid classes to experience – 8 full classes, 24 specialties, 260 total combinations
- Adventure with your friends with co-op multiplayer
- Your choices truly impact the game!
- Customize your experience with many character and world options including turning off zombies and clans.
You can snag Zombasite for $19.99 (though there is a 25% launch week discount in effect) direct from the developer, on Steam, on the Humble Store, and on Gamers Gate. There’s also a free demo available so you can try it out. Windows, Mac, and Linux.