New release: The Tenth Line
The premise, in case you need a refresher:
Guide the princess of Easania and her unusual but reliable companions through a world of magic, beasts, and dragons while avoiding the clutches of a mysterious cult in hot pursuit.
This release is accompanied by a swanky new release trailer, which neatly communicates The Tenth Line’s central ideas:
The game’s features, per the developer:
- Explore the world through fast-paced 2D platforming by controlling three separate characters, each with unique movement mechanics and ways of interacting with the world.
- Take on dozens of foes at one time through turn-based RPG battles with an active timing element.
- High quality background and sprite artwork, and a grand, varied soundtrack.
- Unique progression and ways to level-up: power up combat moves and set up character-specific specialties through training, and gain levels to spend on the puzzle-like Power Flow board to increase stats and learn new attacks.
- 12+ hours of gameplay, plus post-game challenges and a New Game Plus mode.
- Optional story-focused mode that removes most enemy encounters and simplifies platforming to allow a player to quickly experience the entire story.
You can snag a copy of The Tenth Line on Steam for $9.99. Meanwhile, a free demo remains available right here. The Tenth Line is available for Windows and Mac only for now, but Xbox One and Playstation 4 ports are still planned with a tentative May release date.