Sean Hayden writes in to announce Voidspire Tactics, a turn-based tactical RPG from one-man indie studio Rad Codex. Hayden has labored on Voidspire Tactics for the past 2 years; he describes the game as an indie tactics RPG with a focus on exploration, party creation and character development.
Just after stepping off the boat from a long voyage, the player is mistakenly abducted – along with the entire dock of Solport – into the Spire, a towering fortress comprised of chunks from other realms. Now they must fight to survive and discover the secret of the Spire.
Here’s a trailer:
Planned features include:
- Open-ended exploration – traverse a nonlinear world full of secrets
- Refined tactical combat fit for beginners and veterans alike – easy to learn, hard to master
- Destructible terrain and elemental interactions – flood the battlefield, then shock everyone with lightning!
- Abilities are good for more than just combat – freeze a river to cross it, or grow seeds into vines to scale mountains!
- Choose from 4 playable races, unlock up to 17 classes, learn & upgrade 100+ abilities, and equip your choice of 50+ passive abilities
- Atypical fantasy setting – not one elf, orc or goblin in sight!
The graphics may look a wee bit rough, but VT’s feature set sounds quite appealing–I find myself looking forward to checking this one out.
Voidspire Tactics is being developed for Windows, and that’s actually mostly done; according to Hayden, the game should be out in the next month or so at a price yet to be determined.