New release: Telepath RPG: Servants of God
Telepath RPG: Servants of God is a hybrid western RPG / strategy RPG set in a unique Middle Eastern steampunk fantasy setting.
The game features:
- Tactical turn-based combat where positioning and planning are key
- Branching dialog and quests with multiple endings
- Different races and factions, each with its own agenda
- Dozens of different psychic and physical abilities to manipulate and decimate your enemies
- A variety of characters that you can choose to recruit, grow close with or alienate
- Lasting consequences for the choices you make throughout the game
- A thoughtful narrative about the nature of the mind and the existence or non-existence of God
There’s a good preview of this game up at The Indie Mine. A relevant snippet: “It’s a solid SRPG with a compelling story that should win over traditional tabletop wargamers, as well as anyone who enjoyed Disgaea or Final Fantasy Tactics.”
You can get the full game for $24.95 here if this sounds like your sort of thing, or try out the free demo. (You’ll need Adobe AIR installed–you can get that for free, quite painlessly, here.) Finally, here is a trailer for you to feast your eyes upon:
*Full disclosure: Sinister Design is my company. But Telepath RPG: Servants of God is definitely an indie RPG, so I figure it belongs on the site.