Lisa the Painful RPG announced
After a brief correspondence with developer Austin Jorgenson (a.k.a. Dingaling Games), I’m ready to write a bit more about Lisa the Painful RPG, the surreal jRPG I discovered while researching our last Back to Back.
The premise: Lisa is
set in a post apocalyptic wasteland where women are nowhere to be found. It’s a world full of drugs, violence and the decay of human intelligence… A game about sacrifice, survival, and perverts!
The list of planned features:
- Visible character sacrifices that effect your stats (removing arms, eyes, scratches)
- Recruiting new party members in towns and camps.
- Giving up locations of towns and camps to gangs for profit, but they will pillage and destroy that town forever.
- White knuckle shopping cart races.
- Expending party members in Russian Roulette for huge profit, but perma death if they lose.
- Countless hidden secrets in the world for you to explore.
- A strong narrative about the unloved people in the world.
Having a hard time visualizing this? Not to worry! Here is a gameplay video showing what this looks like in practice:
Lisa is in development for Windows, with a planned release of late summer 2014.
In the meantime, there is a pre-alpha demo you can check out right here. Lisa is on Kickstarter; it has already met its funding goal, but you can still throw money at it for another 12 days if you so desire.