New release: Realm of Darkness
Dawn Kiefer writes in to inform me about the release of Realm of Darkness, a party-based wRPG with overhead exploration and turn-based combat that the developer claims is similar to that found in Lords of Xulima.
The game starts out with the main character in his or her house. and the queen of a distant land comes to the character and asks for help. the character has helped them many years ago, and they need help once again.
Among the features, per the developer:
- There are 8 character classes and over 20 useful skills
- Over 300 unique types of enemies roam the lands , each capable of posing their own kinds of threats to your adventure
- Weather isn’t just an effect; severe weather effects gameplay stats and skills
- 138 side quests
- Over 400 different items, weapons, pieces of armor, and magic items
- More than 100 hours of play time
Realm of Darkness is Windows only; you can snag it for $4.99 over on itch.io.