Legrand Legacy announced
Aditya Gunawan of Indonesian indie developer Semisoft writes in to announce Legrand Legacy, a 3D jRPG they’re currently developing after successfully raising about $56,000 on Kickstarter last month.
Mugna Feud, the great war between the Kingdoms of Fandor and Altea, puts Legrand in a chaotic state. You play as Finn, a young slave who wakes up without any memory of his past, yet soon discovers that he possesses mysterious powers beyond his control. Embark on an epic adventure in this sprawling fantasy universe and fight alongside the Fatebounds to bring peace back to Legrand and prevent the Second Coming! But beware, something deeper and darker awaits…
So, uh…when the developers reference the Second Coming, I’m just going to go ahead and assume they don’t mean that you’re fighting to prevent Jesus’s return.
Exploration appears to occur on a screen-by-screen basis, with 2D backdrops and a fixed-camera view. Combat, meanwhile, appears to consist of turn-based fare with real-time minigames that impact the effectiveness of your characters’ attacks.
You can see this all in action in the gameplay teaser below (though there’s also a cinematic trailer here if pre-rendered stuff is more your speed):
Per the developers, the finished game is planned to feature:
- A fully immersive experience with stunning FMV and 3D cinematic cutscenes, epic original soundtrack, and a rich story line
- 3D models and original assets come together with gorgeously stylized hand-drawn 2D backgrounds
- Action packed turn-based combat and tactical warfare scenarios that will test not only your skill but also your wits and keep you on your toes
- Recruit NPCs to rebuild your Castle, play mini games, and go on rewarding side quests
- Configure items and grimoire that characters can wield in combat, set combat formation, or review journal to track quests
- Collect loot from slain enemies and craft items or sell them for money
Legrand Legacy is tentatively planned for a Steam release in September 2017; Windows only. While you wait, there’s a free pre-release demo available to try from the game’s Steam page.