New Release: Cosmic Star Heroine
Alyssa L’Salle is one of the top secret agents at the Agency of Peace & Intelligence on the Planet Araenu. But when she uncovers a horrible conspiracy, she has to go rogue in order to save the day! Can Alyssa save the galaxy when everyone (and everything) is out to stop her?
Stiernberg writes: “The game focuses on fast-paced, streamlined turn-based combat, battles on maps that can sometimes be avoided with careful maneuvering, and a huge host of characters and abilities to choose from.”
Cosmic Star Heroine’s overall presentation is clearly influenced by Chrono Trigger, as you can see in the trailer:
And lest you still doubt the Chrono Trigger influence, the game’s list of features should put those doubts to rest. Among them:
- Brisk pacing that respects your time! Save anywhere!
- No separate battle screen! Battles take place directly in the areas that you explore!
- 2D visual style straight from the height of gaming’s 16-bit era!
- Animated cutscenes reminiscent of the Sega CD and Turbo Duo era!
- Soundtrack by HyperDuck SoundWorks (Dust: An Elysian Tail, Precipice of Darkness 4)!
- Innovative turn-based combat system that focuses on flow and strategy!
- Multi-character combo techniques!
- Your own spaceship! Recruit new agents to help your home base grow!
Cosmic Star Heroine is now available for Windows on Steam and The Humble Store at a $14.99 price point, and for Playstation 4 at the same price on the Playstation Store. (Stiernberg writes that they intend to port the game to Playstation Vita, Mac and Linux as soon as they can, with an Xbox One version to come later down the line.)