A short hiatus
Hello, folks! I’m posting to announce that I’ll be taking a short hiatus from IndieRPGs.com.
I didn’t want to do this, but guess what? It turns out that developing a game, working full time, running a Kickstarter campaign, and being the only person running this site daily are simply too many things for me to handle at once. (It’s hard to believe, I know, but it’s true.)
To tide you over until my triumphant return, please enjoy some articles and reviews I’ve written in the past!
- Game review double-header: Styrateg and Age of Fear: The Undead King
- Game review: Frayed Knights: The Skull of S’makh-Daon
- Game review: Recettear
- Game review: Eschalon Book II
- Game review: Deadly Sin 2: Shining Faith
- Game review: Boundless Ocean
- Game review: Dubloon
- Unpredictability and control in turn-based combat: an examination
- Toaster repairman: the strange (and unfinished) evolution of RPG character creation
- What makes a game indie: a universal definition
- What makes an RPG an RPG: a universal definition
- Game immaturity and the journalism that can fix it
- Some thoughts on gamification
- 12 ways to improve turn-based RPG combat systems
- 6 more ways to improve turn-based RPG combat systems
- So you created an action RPG. Stop congratulating yourself.
- Against narrow game development
- Screenshots and Promises: The Obessession With Aesthetics in the Indie Scene
- All the Tedium, None of the Heart: Enough with Boasting “RPG Elements”
- Video Games Writing: Where We Are and What We Need
Meanwhile, if you (or someone you know) is interested in contributing new content while I’m on hiatus, please shoot me an email.